Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Does anybody know how to use dynamic DNS in Debian Etch

I installed Debian etch in my laptop. and I registered the dynamic DNS
at www.3322.org, I want my machine to update the dns at startup. So I
installed lynx (which 3322 website suggests) and wrote a shell script to
update the dynamic DNS. Since I am surfing the internet via PPPoE, so I
put the script in the path /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ , in which all scripts
should run(or be supposed to run) when the ppp is up.

Question here is, it did work before. and a couple days back, I upgrade
my debian packages. I don't know which packages exactly I upgraded. I
don't think that is the cause. But NOW, it doesn't work all of sudden. I
have to run it manually. it looks like all the scripts in ip-up.d
directory were left over.

What happened?

--
TNT --- Today, Not Tomorrow

No comments: